Sunday, March 15, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover

My 4-year old's favorite show is Extreme Home Makeover. Tonight's episode really had me thinking, "how much do I really do for others?" Here was a family that was struggling themselves yet they put other's first. I have to say, as a mom I certainly feel I am always putting my children first but the episode really touched me. (Every Sunday evening's story touches me but I really feel this one got me thinking.)

One of my missions is to be a part of the community in which we just moved to. Not really knowing many people, you tend to isolate yourself. My children are not in school yet so we don't have that as an outlet either. So for this week, I will explore ways in which to become more involved with the community and to find out how I can do more.

Like so many moms and dads, I feel I'm already overbooked with children and household and a business to run and an editorial position but I feel a hole in my heart. How many people have I really touched?

I'd love to hear from you as to ways big or small that you've touched others and how you are able to give back to your community.

Live Big in your faith, Live Big in your life!!! Cathy G

No comments:

Post a Comment