Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm back--uggghhh

Sorry about the lapse in time. Things got a little crazy around here and you know how it goes if you're a mom. Even if you don't have children, things happen to really throw us off course now and then.

Anyway, I've got to get back to our tips but wanted to throw something else out there for all of you. I wanted to share something that we did as a family last night.

During the day our children built a blanket fort using our couch, bar stools, rocking chair and blankets. Daddy helped put some of it together but it was one heck of a fort. Big enough to allow all 5 of us to fit in and daddy even let them use one of our battery operated lanterns to have some light. The kids asked if we could go into the fort with them after supper time and I felt that I really had not played much at all so I said, "yes."

I was so glad I did. We had such a nice time and the kids were so proud. We read 3 books to the kids as they had each picked one out. We were in there for probably a half hour. To see the looks on their faces reminded me of how important it is to take some time off the computer and share it with the kids.

The cost was nothing but the moment was priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time. That's the kind of fort I like since there's no bugs...hehe.

    Quality time is precious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete